Randy Randolph was a long time icon in model aviation with hundreds of articles and aircraft designs published. Our dear friend passed away April 8, 2005 and we want to honor his memory by gathering a ‘whole bunch’ of his planes for the fly-in.
Dig through the plans listed below and the links to back issues of Model Airplane News, Flying Models, Model Aviation, and R/C Modler and find a favorite design to bring to DEAF 19 this October
Randy Randolph Design Event Rules
1. Size and configuration (dimensions, outlines, control surfaces, dihedral, landing gear, etc) unchanged from Randy’s design.
2. Non-electric models to be converted to electric power. Any type electric motor, battery, and propeller permitted (with-in AMA rules).
3. Original structural design and materials to be adhered to except as required for conversion to electric.
4. Modern hardware (hinges, control horns, servos, push rods, push-pull cables, wheels, etc) and covering materials may be used.
5. Prizes to be awarded on the basis of “Pilot/CD Choice”. Entrants must demonstrate a minimum 2 minute filght sometime during the day and must make a copy of the construction plan as originally published available for examination.